The Asian Elephant Foundation was created as an independent, non-profit foundation, to assist in distributing funds raised by Elephant Parade. TAEF is registered in the Netherlands at the Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce (#51207508). Since October 2012, TAEF operate actively from Chiang Mai, Thailand, under responsibility of Carmen Rademaker. Located at Elephant Parade House in Chiang Mai, visitors can learn everything there is to know about Asian elephants.
- Select and fund projects which are dedicated to the wellbeing and conservation of Asian elephants.
- Create worldwide awareness of the plight of the Asian elephant.
- Provide worldwide education about the situation of Asian elephants, the consequences on a bigger scale if elephants become extinct, why they deserve better welfare and what people can do to help.
- Promote co-operation between organizations, governments, and individuals who work towards elephant conservation and welfare.
- Provide educational packages to schools parallel to Elephant Parade exhibitions being held in various countries.
- Co-ordinate a variety of educational materials, books, films, educational elephant tour programs, lectures and activities for kids from the Information Center at Elephant Parade House, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
All about the Asian Elephant
Learn all about the Asian Elephant, please click here to download our fact overview.